View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPEZO View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but when I looked at their site the other day, when open all of the cover is up against the back window?>
That really depends on how far you open it. Yes when open ALL the way the Bak-flip does block the rear window. However that is only when you want access to 100% of the bed.

If you don't want the window blocked it takes minutes to remove the cover and leave the rails in place.

The other hard folding covers I looked at did not allow for full access of the bed without removing the cover. Several could not be left partially open (say 1 panel folded back) and still be driven because the only locking mechanism was at the front of the bed and the tailgate end of the cover.

The Bak-flips have locking mechanisms on each panel so it can be opened to various points (1 panel, 2 panels, or 3) and still drive at hiway speeds. When opened against the back window it also has supporting arms that lock in place to keep it there.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"