View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: white
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Onefunponcho will become famous soon enough

Great dragster

Its true those events are incredible in person. I used to attend the NHRA nationals yearly at seattle international raceway. It is an experience that tv and radio just cant do justice. The unbelievable power of these cars will blur your vision as they pass by even 100 meters or more away from you. The pits are open to spectators so you can mingle about and stand as close as 20 feet away of the crews as they rebuild/fix/ or service these cars between runs. The crews all work with a teamwork that I cant describe as nothing less than amazing.

We were watching the Michael Schumacher team do a between run tear down and service at one event and the clutch guy walks over and places the rack of clutch packs about 10 feet from the crowd to cool. They were so hot from friction it was like standing near a bonfire. I cant think of many motorsports events that allow a spectator so many liberties as far as pit access.

It is definatly something that every gear head should experience at some time or another. Thanks for sharing
2010 White Ram, Short Bed, Standard cab, 5.7L Hemi, 3.92 posi.