View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default Windsheild Washer Fluid Freezing?

I'm not a fan of the new windshield washer system on the new Dodge trucks. They are mounted on the hood and when you use them they spray fluid all over the back of the hood. Pretty stupid place to mount them if you ask me.

Anyway, now I am having a problem with the washer fluid system freezing up. Obviously, I have the blue stuff in the tank, but when I push the button nothing comes out. I pulled the truck into a warm garage, drained the fluid tank, (there was ice in the bottom so I may have had a bad bottle of blue stuff) added warm blue fluid and everything was good until the next day. (4F night time low)

In looking at the system the fluid drains back into the tank after using it, leaving the hood mounted sprayers easy targets of freezing rain, melting snow from the heat of the engine, and other moisture to freeze over night.

Anyone else having windshield washer issues?
Sponsored links