View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
partypooper is on a distinguished road

The only place I found those plugs available was at the dealership. Make sure you have 2 swivels and an extension. You will need them to squeeze by the brake booster. I went spark plug tool, swivel, extension, swivel, then wrench.

There was plenty of Dielectric grease left in the coil packs, and I would pick up 2 packets of anti seize for the plugs. After 30K miles the gaps on the plugs that I removed ranged from (0.46"-0.47"). It was a complete waste of my time when I changed them. I'm not sure why it's required in the service manual. I changed all 16 in about 2.5 hours. Not including the time spent to gap all 16 plugs before I started the job. The new plugs I purchased from the dealership, the plug gap ranged from .042" -.065".

If your real critical you can pull out a torque wrench. The control plans and torques from Saltillo,Mexico shows the electrode gap is 1.09mm(.043") with 18Nm +/-3 torque on the plug. There was also a note on the torque sheet that says not to exceed 21Nm due to a "Torque critical tapered design of the spark plug"(translation from spanish).