Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomershouse View Post
Need some advice on my exhaust ideas. I dont know why, but I want something diffrent. I'm looking to modify my exhaust and im intrested in the borla s-type mufflers with a x-pipe true dual to the headers. Borla S-type mufflers are 10in long and 5 in diamater. Since i have to cut the resonators off why not repalce them with a muffler instead of pipe. The mufflers are the same diameter as the factory resonators heat sheild. Looking at my truck I just have to cut off the resonators and replace them with the s-type mufflers. Then cut off exhaust pipe at the muffler, and cut off the y pipe, and replace it with the x-pipe. If this set up is too loud I can add another set s type mufflers behind the x-pipe or a resonator instead. Im thinking I can modify a exhaust kit already made currently by borla. looking at the website I would say that say s-type set up fpr the srt-8 cherokee would work. Has anyone used a x-pipe on an R/T and? Attached is a picture of the setup im thinking of doing. Ideas are welcome.
Hows your exhaust build going? Im getting ready to get some exhaust work done, just reading around. What I did notice is while searching other forums and seeing the diagrams drawn on like carcraft or popular hotrodding writeups is that the pipes from the exhaust manifolds or from the headers is drawn equal length to the X or H pipe. Our setup is more or less a crossover to the right side of tranny thus making lengths differ to the X or H. Have you read anything about that making a difference or does it matter?http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...ion/index.html

Last edited by autobred; 01-01-2011 at 06:22 PM.