View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default Fender flares not so Ram Tough. Invisible bras/protection

The lower rear fender flares, where the bottom of the back doors are more or less, sure aren't that durable. While I had a great road trip to start off with. There aren't any nicks or issues on my truck where you would think there would be. Meaning the inside of the front fender flares where the tires throw junk into, along the bottom sides etc. All looks good. But, those rear fender flares have white spots and some paint even missing already. 1550 miles as of today. The dealer said it's not a warranty item as it's from road use. They said Chrysler told them no as well. But again it is not consistant at all with the rest of the truck. For the wear you see on them, there should be major nicks in the front flares, the lower doors etc. I love Dodge trucks. But Ram tough when it comes to the fender flares? NOPE. More like dainty little aesthetics. Next week I'm having that 3m invisible bra put on the front end, the headlights and the flares. Seems Dodge should have these 3m shields be stock on the rear flares to prevent them looking like crap fast. I sent an email to Dodge under the warranty section as well. Will be interesting on how corporate responds to a very loyal (7 trucks to date) customer. Has anyone put on the 3m bra?
Sponsored links