View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
zman9788 is on a distinguished road
Default I Need A Mechanics Opinion: Possible Reason for Level Kit Issues

So I have the 2" Mopar Kit Installed on my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab. Looks great, but I tested it in 4WD immediately after dealer installed it and I have the wobble/shudder issue. Dealer said kit is the problem as it may be causing binding of the U-Joint on the drive shaft as it puts it at a steeper angle relative to transfer case. I called Mopar and told them what dealer said. They think thats false, but would get back to me after speaking with the engineers.

After speaking with a few other dealers, I heard there may be some wiggle room with the bolts that hold the transfer case and/or front differential in place. I don't know much, but if this is true, could it be that each ram out there has its transfer case/front differential at a slightly different angle relative to the drive shaft (from the factory), which would explain why some guys are having success with their level kits, while others like myself are not? Any mechanics on here with any input? If I get someone under there to adjust positioning of transfer case/front differential relative to drive shaft, would it cause less binding at the U-Joint and stop/reduce the shuddering?

Just a thought...

Kind of helpful link - Pinion Angles and CV Joints:
http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/pinionangle/
Sponsored links