View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

When i bought my truck in February 2009, i was thinking about the HUGE debt that i had just accrued & the Finance Dept. guy was Not answering my questions in a direct way, so just wanted to get out of there with wiggly bits still attached. So i was not really listening to my warranty options, so i just bought the 5 year 36,000 mile basic plan.
Just before it hit the 36,000 mile mark, I upgraded the warranty to the
bumper to bumper, unlimited mileage, Lifetime Maximum Care Plan. No plastic parts, like my hood & bumpers are covered, or so i was told. No wear parts are covered either, BUT, when i bought my truck, my purchase price included a Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty, so the engine, transmission, & rear differential is covered by that. There are other warranties that no one remembers about such as Federal Emissions Warranty and Corrosion Warranty.

*NOTE
Federal Emissions Warranty
The Federal Emissions Warranty guidelines are based on federal regulations and apply to vehicles in all 50 states. Vehicles are covered by two types of emissions control system warranty, "Emission Defect Warranty" and "Emissions Performance Warranty".

Depending on the state you live in, the Performance Warranty is for 3 years/50,000 miles. The Defect Warranty is generally consistent with the manufacturer's bumper-to-bumper warranty with certain parts (catalytic converter and electronic emissions controls (PCM) for up to 8 years/80,000 miles. Please refer to your owner's manual for your exact emissions warranty.

Corrosion Warranty
Covers rust-through perforation on sheet metal for a specified term. Surface corrosion from scratched, nicks and dents are not covered. Please refer to your owner's manual for your exact corrosion warranty.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle