Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:121
D.Rowe will become famous soon enoughD.Rowe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram2nv View Post
The spear came off faster then the letter did I tell ya that!!!!!! All I did was soak the spears and letter right before I was taking them off with googone. The spears only have little strips of double side tape on the top edge and bottem, Just soak it from the top wait about 1 min and use the fishing line. What I did was take about 16" of line and tied it to a stick on top and bottom of it kind of like making a bow. Also use a blow dryer which helped just heat it up a little and it comes off. Believe me using both of these saves the fingers on getting the tape off lol. I say it took about 30 min each side for the spears and I had 2 spears on each side cause i have a QC. The letters take a litte bit longer but it is all worth the look whan itis all done.
Wow..great info here. I just picked up my 2005 Daytona and I hate the discoloration on these things.

My biggest fear is what the paint will look like underneath.??? I have no issue polishing with my Orbital polisher to make it work.

Any before and after pics that I can see to boost my confidence?

Dave