View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeman70592 View Post
More grounding doesn't hurt, but it doesn't do much either.

The alternator is gonna send what it's rated for, and no more, and your stock wiring is plenty for that current.

Kinda liike a pipeline...compressor pushes "X" gallons per minute through say a 24" line. You change the line to a 36", the compressor is still pushing "X" gallons per minute.

As long as you have good grounds and a strong battery, that is all you need..
But, with a larger pipe diameter you reduce flow restriction, the point that you stop is when you have to compare cost vs flow potential. A similar comparison id pushing the same volume through a garden hose compared to a fire hose.

Anyhow, with pushing close to 100A in audio alone, would upgrading the vehicle's power cables be something I should do, or only if I notice some dimming issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Agreed. If anything start with the battery, then go from there. That $77 kit looks like one of the biggest scams I've seen since the "Solar powered clothes dryer" days.

Are they actually claiming that a Big three upgrade will give you more HP and Torque? Wow... Just wow.
Lol, I was ignoring the gains in HP and MPG, I called BS the minute I saw that. But the guys that have done this upgrade have claimed faster start ups on stroked motors, less dimming of lights, and a more constant bass note. And as a side not, these guys that are reviewing aren't newbies, so i do kinda believe them.