Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough
Default Why would a dealership do this.

Ok, took the Ram in for an oil change (dealer gave me a package with 5 included at no charge). When I took it in, the washer fluid reservoir was just about empty (warning light on), but I figured I'd fill it when I got home. Had a lot of snow and crap here in NJ lately so been going through it fairly quickly.

Anyway, get the truck back and notice the warning light is off, so I say "oh that was nice of them to fill the reservoir for me at no charge".

So, I'm driving and I go to spray the windshield, and nothing comes out. Not a dribble. Get it home, and I can hear the pump run, but nothing's coming out. Pop the hood and check the reservoir - fluid looks kinda clear to me.

So, I figure, maybe the tubes are frozen - I let the truck idle in the driveway, and little by little, after 20 minutes or so, I get some stuff dribbling out. When it finally thaws, I start spraying it like crazy AND NOTICE THAT IT'S PERFECTLY CLEAR AND HAS NO ODOR. THEY FILLED THE G*DDAMNED THING WITH WATER. WATER. IT'S 20 DEGREES HERE - WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD THEY FILL THE RESERVOIR WITH PLAIN OLD WATER????? And as I'm spraying it, it's freezing up the wipers. GLAD I WASN'T IN THE MIDDLE OF DRIVING TO BUFFALO NY IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORM WHEN I DISCOVERED THIS. Whole damned system was frozen up.

So

Anyway, flushed it out and then ran a gallon of winterized washer fluid through it to make sure it wouldn't freeze again.

Just about the dumbest thing I've heard of. Love the dealership to pieces but this was idiotic.

This post probably belongs in another forum - just wanted to share.

Sponsored links