Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Location: El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY, Vieques, PR, and San Antonio, TX
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Bright White Clear Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:71
Rec 26 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rec 26 Send a message via MSN to Rec 26 Send a message via Yahoo to Rec 26
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
They wouldn't pull enought air to really make a difference without a way for the hot air to escape, and out the bottom wouldn't do anything. The SRT pulls air right over the motor in sufficient volume to cool it a bit, but those wouldn't do much of anything unless you had a flow through system like a cowl hood. Honestly, I would just leave them the way they are, functional or not, your R/T has more to offer than a ricer.

I didn't know that the SRT-10 was like the SRT-8's....

What you could do is get a hood that is functional and has the incoming air going straight to where your CAI is located at. I know you can get those from VFN for the Charger's. Personally, I'm trying to find a company that makes a functional Chally hood for the Ram. If I can't find one then I was going to by the one that MOPAR makes.

It all depends on what you want to do. But listening to ricers cry about your hood scoops... Really man? That's like the pot calling the kettle black. The only ricers I've seen with functional hood scoops just about everywhere I've lived were on WRXs and STIs. That's it. Maybe on one or two Lancers (never really paid attention to those).

Just remember the next time they start talking smack about your Ram that you can drag those ricers all over the place without trying (don't do it though... I've seen it done back in high school it was pretty funny, but I'm advising you not to do it...)

2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab "SRT Hauler Mark I" (traded in)
2014 RAM 3500 Tradesman Crew Cab "SRT Hauler Mark III"