Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Location: El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY, Vieques, PR, and San Antonio, TX
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Bright White Clear Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:71
Rec 26 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rec 26 Send a message via MSN to Rec 26 Send a message via Yahoo to Rec 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRESQu View Post
I got pulled over in GA for Banshee's height and fought with the officer because I bought the truck from a dealer in SC already done like that and plated in SC. He didn't have a leg to stand on and had to let me go. Being military and moving often, we encounter this scenerio. Usually if you aren't doing anything HIGHLY illegal, they won't JUST pull you over.
iRESQu is right. My SRT-8 is registered in TX (as will my Ram as soon as I get a chance to get back there on leave) and everytime I get pulled over either for my tint being too dark or just on a checkpoint, I just show my driver's license, military ID, a copy of the TX state law stating that my expired license is still valid since I'm in the Army, my concealed handgun license (you have to in TX, but I've been finding out you don't have to show it when being pulled over in GA), and my insurance. 99.9% of the time the police officer just looks at all of that, asks me if I have my weapon (which I normally don't) and leaves me alone.

If you are in the military then the state that you are stationed at really can't do anything to you in terms of emissions or tint or anything like that if your vehicle is within compliance to your state's laws.

2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab "SRT Hauler Mark I" (traded in)
2014 RAM 3500 Tradesman Crew Cab "SRT Hauler Mark III"