Here's my list that I'd do or have done if I didn't have the ability.
1. Replace plugs
2. Replace air filter
3. Replace serpentine belt
4. Flush entire cooling system and fill
5. Drain, replace filters, and flush trans
6. Replace all oils (engine (filter too), differential(s))
7. Replace brake fluid and bleed the system
8. Replace power-steering fluid
9. Inspect brakes and replace as needed. Turn rotors/drums if pads or shoes are replaced.
10. Lube anything with a zert fitting.
Get it up on a lift before you start anything and thoroughly inspect it for leaks or rot. Fix both.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"