Old 01-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: mineral gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
John999 is on a distinguished road

Here we go again. I know of two children being killed by getting run over while backing. Not to say a back up camera would have saved them, but it might have and the likelyhood is good it would have. The camera more of less forces you to look. The one was my friend's 3 year old daughter, killed when her grandfather backed over her leaving a family get together. The second was a another person I knew backed over and killed his two year old daughter while leaving for work. The aftermath of that incident was directly responsible for their divorce. And I know both families are have never been the same since and the first incident happened 30 years ago. The grandfather died a depressed and sad man.

So now its the broken government telling us what to do again? How many of you would take the initiative and install your own back up camera? Likely 2%. Frankly, I'm tired of people blaming the government for everything, I guess its in vogue. One guy heres only concern was instead of saving the life of a kid is the fact its going to cost him more. What if it was your kid?

If you look at the statistics at back up fatalities of children in this country you would wonder why something like this wasn't inacted a long time ago, I don't know, but I thank whoever for doing it.

Last edited by John999; 01-11-2011 at 03:46 AM.