View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crewcab 1500
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Email: Chili1k@att.net
Rep:1092
Chili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRam View Post
I was hoping someone else would post this so I avoid the 'nerd' comment LOL But yeah I watched the same episode. Tonneau's do not increase gas mileage but, they do keep your stuff safer and in the winter there's no snow blowing around in the box wich helps rear visibility, and not as much weight in the box weighing down the suspension.
I plan on getting one...just not sure if I wanna go with a 1 peice fiberglass one or a roll up version. In my mind if I am gonna use the box, I am going to b e using the whole thing so the size of the cover wont matter.

Covers are also safer if you have a rear sliding window. Ive seen beverage cans shoot into a cab and bounce off the windshield.. That will make you change your pants when you get home. A cover wont allow things to leave the bed. Especially if you didnt put the can in there in the first place. People will throw their garbage into your truck bed just because they can. I recommend covers regardless of type.

As far as the mileage goes, i bought a 5000# vehicle with a V8, the larger gastank, because I know ill need it!