Old 01-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:26
brusk is on a distinguished road

You can have it. Here's what I did and seems to be working with no problems. I took the passenger side valve cover off and drilled a 1" hole in it to fix a GM Vortec 4.3 grommet and PCV. Replaced the valve cover and took out the factory PCV valve. I used Toyota Orange/Red high temp oil resistant RTV (I've never used RTV that is as nasty as this stuff) to fill from the bottom the factory PCV allowing this to dry overnight. Bolted a Moroso catch can I got from a SRT8 Challenger that was already powder coated black to the brake booster using the existing bolt. ran a hose from the PCV to the catch can routing it underneath the Hemi cover. The other hose I T'd into the brake booster vaccuum line behind the Hemi cover. Once the cover is replaced it's barely noticeable and seems to be working properly.

total time was about 2 hours other than waiting for the RTV to dry. And I need to get better hoses as I didn't realize the fittings on the catch can were bigger than the lines I was tapping into.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PassengerValveCoverPCV.jpg (117.5 KB, 507 views)
File Type: jpg CatchCan1.jpg (118.6 KB, 504 views)
File Type: jpg FactoryPCV.jpg (113.9 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg EngineBay1.jpg (119.2 KB, 477 views)