Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:124
js1977 will become famous soon enoughjs1977 will become famous soon enough

IT'S FIXED!!!! Ok so I finally got my radio fixed. I ended up having to get it fixed in Texas after I moved, the dealership in missouri wouldn't order the part since I was moving that next week. So anyways they gave me a sheet that had everything thay had replaced and it also stated that the truck needed a amp which was causing the problem. So I took that paper to the dealership in Texas and they said that I'd have to bring it in anyways so their tech could hear the sound and decide if the amp was the problem (great here we go again) So I took it in that next week (only appointment avail). I dropped it off that next week to get a call saying that it wasn't making any noise and I'd have to come by when it was (AHAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!) (Are you freaking serious!!!!) But luckily it started to make the noise as I pulled out of the parking lot, you better believe I made some tire noise back to the dealership. So they heard the noise and guess what they decided what the problem was... THE AMP! Well this week it was suppost to be in and I waited for a call, got tired of waiting so I called them, it was in so I took it up there today and they installed it with in a couple of hours after dropping it off. IT'S FINALLY FIXED!!!! It took a month and a half to get this fixed with over 10 trips to a dealership, two door speakers, new radio and one amp. I am completely discussed with Dodges service, I don't blame the dealerships so much, more blame goes to dodges policies. Thank you to anyone who gave advice during this LLLOOONGGGG problem, Even some of you said AMP, AMP , AMP. It's sad that it took the dealerships this long to figure this out, but I guess what happens when the tech only listens to the radio then just moves the radio controls around and then says it sounds like it's the speakers (wrong), sounds like it's the radio (wrong), sounds like it's the amp (ding ding yooouuurrr correct, tell him what he's won johnny...)