Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
koolaidzx2 is on a distinguished road
Default First Dodge - First Ram - First Post - First Problem

Hello everyone, I have been reading today on your Forum researching a problem and have found your site to be one of the best as far as knowledge and information tracking down some of these annoying issues. My brand new truck started to make this growling noise under the hood like it had an upset stomach or something. Kind of an actuator sound turning on and off. Upon further post reading I see that I was not the only one. I guess Dodge has not posted a TSB because the brand new 2011 models have this problem along with the previous years. Most of you with the problem had 4x2 and I have a 4x4 however I will try the same solution and order the TSB 11-002-05 Dampener kit and clamp for it and hopefully that noise will go away. I already have been through the Dealer scenario where they could not figure it totally out. They did say that there was a rub on the exhaust toward the rear of the muffler that they supposedly corrected however it did not correct my problem. I thought it was the MDS as I have that problem as well hearing and feeling the Cylinders as they switch from 4 to 6 to 8 depending on the need and get stuck trying to figure out which one it should be in. I know that scenario will be there as it is part of the system. However I would like to end the noise coming from under the hood or exhaust rubs etc... That would give me a peace of mind. Once again your site has already helped me out and I thought the least I could do is join and share my experiences as well now and in the future.
Sponsored links