Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram quad cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
rkpilot2002 is on a distinguished road
Default Transmission Issue

For the last 20K miles or so, My 2005 ram will occasionally get "stuck" in second gear. The check engine light will illuminate and the codes are p0700 and p0841. There was a TSB regarding this on the tranny filter and I have replaced the filters in accordance with the TSB, but it still continues. As soon as I reset the computer, it all goes back to normal and works fine for a few more weeks. I have a scan tool to clear the codes, so I have just lived with the problem since resetting it is a quick fix. Went to a transmission shop and they said new tranny for $2,300 without looking too much into it. They said tranny was on the way out, but that was 20K miles ago. When it gets in this mode, the engine almost want to stall out when I come to stop (feels like im in a manual trans truck and stalling it out with the clutch). If i let it roll about 6 inches, it will not stall out. Again, it instantly fixes it self when I clear the codes and works perfect again till the next time. Any advice? I have 65K easy miles on the truck Thanks!!
Sponsored links