Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge RAM
Trim Level: ST
Color: Pewter (dark silver)
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
USCG4.7 is on a distinguished road
Default Let's have a talk about gears!

Ok so when I irate got my truck it had the factory 17" wheels and factory rubber, I upgraded to factory 20" wheels and 275/65/20's witch equal a 22.9 inch tire/wheel combo. I was sa becues I lost a lot of low end get up and go. And let's face it a 07 ram 4.7 needs all the low end help it can get. So I'll give dodge a call and find out that I have 3.55 gears in the back.... This is not going to do for me!!!!

So it's like this, from here we can go 3.73, 3.92, 4.10, or.... 4.56

It's a two wheel drive quad cab. I'm leaning with the 4.10's but keep hearing about 4.56... However I have herd about harmonics, and having to make the case a lil bit bigger. So what's everyones thoughts, and yes I know gas "may" suffer but let's face it... It's an extremely heavy truck with dang big rims and tires and some little gears. From math it would seem that it may run a lil better. Does any one have any real life knowledge about there trials and tribulations?? In any event I'm going to spend a week getting REAL life readings... This will include RPM's at 55,60, and 75 mph.. Let's face it we don't all drive like that. I will also do a mpg tracking using each of the three octane levels for a week. I will do this with the 3.55's and then again with whatever gears I get.
Sponsored links