Old 01-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 4x4 Qd Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
nocoborn is on a distinguished road
Default Ball Joint Replacement

Hi everyone! Obviously, I'm new here. I've had good luck with my Ram (did I say that out loud????) but now it's getting older and more miles (152,000) things are starting to wear. I just had new rubber put on (Michelin LTX) and was going to get an alignment but the shop said my driver side ball joints have play. I'm wondering if anyone on here had done the replacement (shade tree mechanic type person), what problems they had, any short cuts, etc... I've looked it over and it doesn't looks pretty simple and straight forward, with the exception of the bolts that might be a bear to get off. Also a friend of mine has me a little worried about the axle bolt. He said he couldn't get his loose with a 3/4" impact (producing about 700 ftlb). Anybody else have that problem? What did you use to get it loose? Also, what brand did you go with? I'm thinking Moog would be ok. I've read through the entire 3rd generation suspension threads and didn't see this one specifically and decided to give it a shot.

I'll definitely post pictures when I go to do it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Chris
Sponsored links