View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
silverhemi03 is on a distinguished road
Default Muffler Change = Reprogramming????

Okay I just bought my first dodge and I love it. I bought a 2003 single cab 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. The guy I bought it from didn't seem to know all that much about vehicles and had some stuff done thatI'm curious about.

BTW this is all word for word from this guy jus for the record I don not endorse an of it. lol.

Okay so apparently when this guy got the truck it had some single inlet dual 2.5" outlet muffler on it. He said that he didn't wan't that because it was confusing the computer making it think there was a 5" outlet and it was throwing off air/fuel ratio. So he, in all his infinite wisdom, went and bought a Flowmaster 10 series single chamber muffler welded it on and just left it no pipe or anything behind the outlets. He then went to a dodge dealership and had them reflash the computer because he said the computer had been off because of the previous muffler. So I called the dealership after I bought the truck and was told that they did a "P2106" and a "P2175" TSB PCM. I have no clue what this means in literal terms. So anyway I hated the annoying sound of the 10 series and it seemed that there wasn't enough BP with that wide open muffler and I had to really get on it off the line. So I had a 40 series Flow put on it and ran exhaust out and over the rear axel and then turn down.
I feel like I got some low end power back when I changed the muffler.

So the big question is...do i need to have the computer set back?..what exactly did he have done?.. and anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by silverhemi03; 01-26-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Sponsored links