Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
RainmanX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Personally, so far I am not a fan of all the "engineering" that went in to "traction control" on these new trucks. I grew up where there were no salt trucks or snow plows. The good Lord put the snow there and He took it off. I learned what to do if the vehicle fishtailed or started sliding. With this new fangled stuff, I have no idea how to react. Brakes start chattering when the wheels start spinning. You can't get enough wheel speed to make it up a slick hill. Now, I turn of the traction control when I get in, and if it is slick, I put it in 4L to get rid of the ESC too.

Before long the engineers will take all the driving out of driving and let the vehicles take over.
That is the exact reason WHY it's needed. Too many people today have no experience, training, or basic interest how to handle a vehicle in bad situations. It's the same deal with a manual transmission. Very, very few people have experience with them.

I took two introductory motorcycle classes (1 was a brush up after a bunch of years). The most difficult part for many people was understanding what the clutch does, why you need to up/down shift, and how to stop!