View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold
Default Opinions needed for tire and lift additions... lots of reading haha

Hey Everyone!

I am looking to lift my truck a bit. I would like to know if I can use a hockey puck and stuff it between the strut to add some lift? If I do that then can I fit 35" tires? Im just playing with ya! I got a real question.........

Alright as you all know I got a 6" lift rght now on 35" tires. I want to go a little bigger and I am a little confused on what I can do. I just think some opinions and brainstorming will help me out.

I am looking at for sure a body lift to get me another 3" of lift. This will bring me up to a total of 9". My Bilstein 5100s are still up front and they can be used to get me more lift height. I do not want to go to the max setting (2.5") since I will have my vibration back in 4x4. I was thinking of using it for around 1.5" of lift. If I do that I will need to get a block in the rear to match....... OR I was thinking of using some air bags in the rear for the extra 1" of lift.

First question = Will air bags in the back be a good way to lift the truck up?? I want to do that since I am planning on buying train horns so I will have a tank and compressor I can run the bags off of. I am thinking this would be a cool way of lifting the rear since I have a block and add-a-leaf so I would have all 3 ways of lifting in the rear. This would also be good if I ever have a load in the rear or something. Let me know what you think of this way of lifting the truck

Second Question = Should I even go higher then 9" of lift? I will do the 9" for sure, I guess I can save up the extra 1.5" for later or whenever I want.

Third Question = When I go with the 9" of lift I cant use my 35s!! So I am looking at 2 different tires right now. I am pretty much set on these so I dont need any tire suggestions. Now I want to go with either the Interco Trxus STS tires in a 38" or the SS M16 in a 40" tire. Now I just want to know what you all think will look better with the 9" lift. I really like the STS tire and thats why I really want to go with the 38" since it is a wicked looking tire. Only reason I want to go with the M16 tire is because it is a 40". The two tires cost the same and the both weight the same. Only difference really is the height.

I know both tires will fit with 9" of lift. The 38s will look comfortable under the wheel wells but the 40s I think will look a little stuffed. Only thing is I can do my 1.5" lift idea to make the 40s look better if I wanted to.

I believe the truck will do fine with such big tires since it has 3.92 gears. I might need to get a little more power and MAYBE a gear change if it is hurting when installed. Definitely will have to upgrade the brakes to stop all the rolling weight. The 38s weigh 98lbs and the 40s weigh 99lbs. I cant believe they are so close in weight and price and everything! Only thing is the 38s are an a/t tire and the 40s are more of a mud tire (with a/t tire aspects)

This is really stressin me out haha. I want to know what you all think about this plan I have. So either 9" or 10.5" of lift and 38" or 40" tires???? Decisions decisions!! haha

Thanks in advance!!!!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights

Last edited by ScatPak07; 01-29-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Sponsored links