Old 01-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Chevy Colorado
Color: Black
Rep:10
JLAudio11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I just ordered superchips for my flex fuel 4.7L (2010) and the sales man said if you run the tuner with E85 it can and most likely will cause damage, which I don't believe but am not going to try without other support lol. I think they are just covering their butts, just thought I would add this as a drawback for if you had your truck tuned and sort of forgot and filled up with E85 and possibly caused damage...
Generally a tuner is going to add timing to increase hp, which the e85 will love. The only drawback I could see is if the tuner had more control over the fueling and would not allow enough injector pulse to compensate for the e85's greater burn rate and thus cause it go lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
I don't see how E85 saves money when you have to burn a greater quantity of it. I make a point to run ethanol free gasoline in my engine.
The op said after calculating that it was overall less expensive even if his mileage went down.

There are many skeptics when it comes to ethanol. It seems only after they've tried it do people really believe.

I haven't even bought my ram yet and am thinking of stuff to do to it. Eaton cobra blower with air ram's intake manifold converters, tuned with lots of timing on e85.