View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:463
SUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
How wide are you going with the 38's? I would like to lift the front of my truck 1 more inch but no one can give me a streight answer if it will hurt anything on the front of my truck lol.I was thinking of putting the bilstein 1500's on the front and leave my 1' spacers.I just want to set the bilsteins at 1" of a lift hight.Wonder if it will put too much strain on the ball joints? It will give me a 9" lift total if I do this.I am pretty sure i will have to go with a bigger spacer on my front driveshaft too.What do you guys think?

Not trying to hyjack your thread bro just would like to know what you think about this?
The BDS System does not come with upper control arms that can handle the increased loads placed on them by a severe angle (it re uses the stock arms). You also want to be careful not to strain the half shafts for your 4wd too much (angle increases for these as well). If I were you I would buy the bilstein 5100's and start cranking (from the 0 to 1.5" setting) and see how it goes. Worse case scenario you end up with some really nice shocks and no added lift. I wish i had a more definite answer for you. This is one of those things you are gonna just have to try and see how it goes.