View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:463
SUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
Thanks for the quick reply bro.Well the guys at BDS did not want me to put a preload spacer in.i did and it is fine.I just want 1 more inch and I will leave it alone after that. Here is what my cv angles look like right now.I think everything will be fine if I go up just another inch.I will have the guys at Chuxtrux look at it before we do this.

Here is the 1" preload spacer I have too.

Honestly What I would do if it were my truck I would buy a set of 5100's or if I had the money some 10" coilover kings (you will need a custom upper shock mount to run the king 2.5" coilovers) and remove the pre load spacer. If you crank the 5100s to add more height and have the pre load spacer installed your springs will be super stiff (That is what the pre load spacer does stiffens the spring adds height through spacing the coil from the bucket). I am sure you can gain 1.5" out of a 5100" if you remove the spacer and run them at their max lift setting.