View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SB
Trim Level: SLT w/5.7 and 3.92
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:112
HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

http://forums.nicoclub.com/debunking...r-t180100.html

SWEEEEEET!!!! I had that exact same post 'saved to favs' but it 'disappeared' from the host site it was on!

Good to see it's alive and well 'elsewhere'!!!!

Its hard to say Delco is the absolute best filter for each and every application,,, i.e. car, truck, gas, diesel, etc, but K + N has never been a fav of mine,,,, Typically because even a brand new one held up to the light looks like Swiss cheese!!!!

Yeah, I'm sure K + N will flow, but even K + N indicates their OEM drop ins only add about ~2~ HP,,,,,

IMHO, if one of the 'free'er flowing' drop ins only adds 2 HP, well, why bother??

Also, probably just me, but these 'washable' air filters are kinda funky,,,, How do ya know you're getting ALL the dirt out? (Point being, a new paper drop in is always 100% clean)
Being too aggressive during cleaning can certainly F your filter up big time, and then you'll be suckin dirt all day long,,, (Point being, a new paper drop in is always in 'new' condition)
Cleaning and oiling sucks, no doubt about it. Ok, well maybe a dry filter suck 'less'?
I tried a Fram dry synthetic in my old Silvy,,, That Fram POS sucked because it literally took HOURS and HOURS to dry!!! Got fed up waiting, stuck in in, and took off,,, water on a MAF sensor is a BAD thing!!!!

And, I guess while I'm on a roll here, I'll 'knock' on Amsoil a bit,,,, I'm not saying its bad stuff, but have you ever noticed their charts and graphs are completely void of hard data??? Ok, the blue bar is taller than the red bar, and the orange bar is shorter still, sooooo,,, Blue bar is a winner??? You'll be hard pressed to actually have them include brand names, much less what the actual numerical 'values' are that are represented in the charts,,,

Currently, I can get PUREONE oil filters for $5 each delivered and Wix air filters for $12.14 each delivered. (Amazon) I stock up on Mobil One for $4 a qt on Black Fridays,,,, So,,, Life is good, quick, clean, and virtually effortless!!!

Last edited by HoustonHemi; 02-03-2011 at 10:29 PM.