View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 cummins
Color: silver
Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
sledpuller2006 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ta View Post
I think all of the by-pass systems will benefit these diesels and are worth adding. Having any additional oil filtration with the engine oil filter is more than enough as these engines have gone hundreds of thousands of miles with just one filter. Yes, the 2500 may be a superior filter, but the cost for a marginal increase in filtration makes it less desirable.
This may be true but most oil filters r 7 to 12 micron filters and the FS i no for a fact filters smaller than 3 micron witch is smaller than a human hair. That said to each there own but just the money for a cummins motor alone is way more expencive than a simple bypass filter. i no want i turn for Rs in my truck and the oil analysis alone give me a great piece of mind. the FS granted is not cheap by anymeans but i feel is well worth it......i got my first one for free at the diesel power challenge and have since purchased 3 more for my other vehicles....