View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Color: White w/blue trim & chrome
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:10
RAMIT222 is on a distinguished road
Default Cummins NOT Starting

Hj, I have a 2001 Ram 2500 with the 5.9L Cummins turbo Diesel. It had problems starting & so I replaced all 4 battery cables coming from the 2 batteries. I also replaced the fuel filter filling up the diesel bowl 1st. It cranks really well but doesn't want to start. It doesn't even do the chugging like it wants to try to start. I triple checked the cables, checked through fuses on the side of the dash & under the hood. I have 1/3 tank of fuel & it sprays when I depress the test valve on the side of the pump. When I crack a line to 1,3 or #4 injectors & crank it I do have some fuel coming out @ times. All the wiring looks intact but could have some unseen problem. When I turn the key on & off 3x fast it says "P done " in the odometer section so I don't think there are any codes. It also has an old Viper remote start, but the remote hasn't operated for a long time. Any HELP would be very Appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored links