View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

Lemon Pepper Wings

20 or so tipped wings or drummettes skin on

2c Milk
3 eggs
1 - 2 Pkgs of Premium plus crackers
2 Cups of flour
Dash of Garlic powder
Dash seasonin salt
dash of any spice you would like to add, and LOTS of Lemon Pepper

1)Mix Milk and eggs in a bowl
2) Make sure your drummettes and tipped wings are fresh or COMPLETELY thawed
3) Heat up the 'ole deep fryer (yes this is VERY bad for you LOL) I have a chicken setting on mine so I am not sure what the temp is but it is the highest setting on mine.
4) smash up the crackers in a ziplock bag I use either a rolling pin or the smooth side of the meat tenderizer (this is great after a VERY stressful day)Smash it up until the crackers are a powder form.
5) in a large bowl add the flour, spices and the crackers. Mix it up VERY well.
6) dip a wing in the milk/egg mixture
7) now roll it in the cracker/spice batter
8) place it in the basket that should be removed from the deep fryer
9) repeat this process until all the wings are completely coated in batter. (be careful not to over fill the basket because you want all the wings to cook I usually do them 12 at a time)
10) put the basket into the completely heated oil.
I leave them in for about 10 minutes or less depending on the size of wings. If you have a HUGE batch that you are making, dab them off when they come out of the deep fryer and keep them in a preheated oven at the lowest setting to keep them warm. Be sure to put them in a glas or ceramic bowl as the hot oil WILL melt plastic.
Before putting them in the oven throw a little more Lemon Pepper on them for a little added flavor.
(to make hot wings, instead of throwing lemon peper on at the end roll them in a hot sauce for AWESOME hot wings)
ENJOY!

This recipe works great for homemade chicken fingers, homemade popcorn chicken or full chicken breasts. Just instead of wings slice up some boneless skinless chicken breasts bread them and thow em in. the step kids LOVE it, and it's cheaper than eating out.

Or throw a couple of home made chicken fingers on a wrap shell and put in some caesar salad for a yummy chicken ceaser wrap!
(to make hot wings, instead of throwing lemon peper on at the end roll them in a hot sauce for AWESOME hot wings)
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!

Last edited by HerRam; 02-11-2011 at 11:35 AM.