Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
BigJim1500 will become famous soon enough

Good advice from Rootbeer.
I moved back from Germany 4 years ago and visit every year for business. Plenty of other GIs take their trucks so you will miss it if you leave it here. That said, the gas is rationed as others pointed out. Your HEMI will drink through it quickly if that's all you drive. Then you'll pay local rates... $7 +

Parking will be a major issue all through Europe with a truck this size (and you'll piss off some locals during your travels). Your warranty will be N/A while there and insurance will be high. You'll be able to find American vehicle specialty shops off base and have maintenance items shipped to you (filters, belts, etc.).

Has anyone checked top speed on these trucks? I was comfortable cruising at 145 mph at times in my BMW. Don't think I'd do much over 100 in a Ram anyway. Germany speed limits are getting tighter with unrestricted zones slowly going away. Not sure I'd mess with the limiter.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just hoping to give you more to think about. Have fun and travel as much as you can.
Cheers!