Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
JHamilton will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
never use chains, they break too easy and when they do they cause damage, i dont like your standard tow slings...there meant for you average baby cars, i have a few crane slings that i got at "titan supply" but can be found at any rigging supply company, it have a 5:1 safety ratio and a 26000lb lifting capacity and when you use it in a horizontal scenario it is 5 times the lifting capacity so 130000lb capacity, and if that still isnt enough for ya, if you basket it it will double again giving me a 260000lb capacity. the strap is 25' long and 3" wide, and totaly overkill i know but it was on the discount rack for $30. for the average person there are nylon slings that have an 8800lb capacity, there lightweight and superstrong (44000lb pull capacity before safety ratio of 5:1)and fit in the truck noproblem. plus theyre only about 25-20$
Using a strap that is too heavy will not work as well as one properly sized. You want the strap to stretch. The kinetic energy stored and released within the strap is actually what will pull it loose. Let the strap do the work, not the truck.