View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i had an 04.5 dodge 3500, 5.9 laramie cc, 4x4, 6sp. man. never had an injector problem, or fuel pump problem and kept the engine totally stock. trans and clutch lasted for over 100000miles before it was totaled. never got over 20mpgs. 17mpg in rural driving with little stop and go going back and fourth to work. multiple trips from nj to florida, avg was only 19.5 hand calc. keep in mind that i live in the most northern part of nj with a lot of hills. on my trips to florida on "95" there is always alot of traffic around the dc area with a lot of stop and go. in north and south carolina, cruising at 80 to 85 mph is common. individual tanks on long trip, best was 20mpg, but i never drove for mpg. a 2wd without truck shell in a flat area may do about 2 to 3 mpg better. the 5.9 engine was maybe the best engine ever produced. the front end is the weak spot on these trucks, specifically the ball joints. figure replacement every 40 to 50000 miles for replacement. i would take truck to a dodge dealer and scanned for evidence of a chip. trans are hit and miss, it has either been abused or it hasn't. if it feels ok now, it should be ok.