Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Hemi Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Hemi Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
fireshallfear is on a distinguished road
Default Lets think positive

There are numerous threads on the site specifically for problems you may be having with your Ram. So many in fact, that it almost worries me, but I have found few threads that just point out what we LOVE about our trucks. Is it the performance, the ride, the styling?

Yes, I know that most have modified their trucks to make them more powerful, styling or what have you, but what pulled you to buy your dodge in the first place? Tell the story of how/why you bought your Ram and is there something that you just can't get over every time your jump in the pilot seat?

I'll start this with my own story

My love for the Ram goes back quite a long time, in my eyes at least. My great uncle drove a Ram for years and I remember as a kid, we would get up early and get a cup of coffee, hot chocolate for me, and drive down by the river. The buzzing sound of the key in ignition warning drew me in every time. And the amber running lights on the roof. So as soon as I could afford my truck, I headed for the dealership. I'm a paramedic and I worked an 12 hour shift over night the day before my dream was to come true. I got off work at 8am and headed straight to the dealerships. By the time I found the dealership, the truck, and had everything worked out, I had about a half hour to admire and cruise in my new toy before reporting to work again for a 24 hour shift. I was exhausted by the time I was back at work, but totally worth it.
Still to this day, every time I get in my Ram, I feel like a kid in the candy store. The styling of the body and the sound of the Hemi, not to mention the power on tap. There is nothing I dislike about my truck, but of course there is always room for improvement. But over everything, I love the feeling of sitting next to a little rice rocket punk kid who thinks he's hot stuff. Their face when they see Hemi and stare up at me just makes my day, and its even better when they are left sitting on the line as I tear away, grinning from ear to ear.

So lets hear it, why a Ram, and why are you keeping it?
Sponsored links