View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 V10
Color: Green/Silver
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:21
jjklongisland is on a distinguished road

Well my love for Dodges in general were spawned by the Duke boys. Growing up I became a car/truck nut but always gravitated towards the Chrysler Corporation vehicles. I always wanted a Ramcharger and after I got married I bought an 84 Ramcharger 4 spd with a plow for $1600... Plowed with her and loved everything about the truck except the carburetor... lol. Made a few grand with her and took her on the beach and sold her 3 years later for $1600 so I could get a pick up. With a house and lots of work to do a pick up was alot more useful. Mind you the Ramcharger and Pickup were my spare vehicles... I have a newer SUV (previously a Suburban and an Armada) for the everyday stuff. I new I wanted to replace the ramcharger with a Ram but wanted to stay true to the 1st gen old school no bs styling but it had to have fuel injection. I found my 89 W250 with 74k original miles one owner truck for $800. Thew a big set of wheels and tires on her, added a plow and drive the crap out of that truck and she didnt studder a beat. She plowed 39 hours straight (with me and a buddy switching) of heavy wet snow and wanted more. I couldnt kill her. The only reason I sold her cause I was offered $4500 4 years later. I really needed an extended cab now with a 3.5 year old and wanted another bad ass so I waited for months and found my current ram. A 97 with 79k on her. Totally overkill with the V10 and rear air bags since I dont really tow much but once I saw her I knew she was what I was exactly looking for. I will most likely keep this one for a while... Long bed, extended cab, no rust yet... She will be my toy and lost likely will continue with the mods...

Other Dodges I really want to own other than my dream car a 68/69 Charger is a Lil Red Express and another 4 spd Ramcharger like the one in the pic below and a Viper when I hit my mid life crisis in another decade...