View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '09 RAM 1500 4dr
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:61
Studbuster will become famous soon enough

I don't have your duck noise but I do have trans problem.

I've had my tranny start and stay in 4th gear many times. A shudder/shake can be part of the problem. When the s/s happens, it can stall the engine. If it dosen't s/s and stall, the only way to clear the trans out of 4th gear is to stop and restart the engine. I always back into my drive so I always start in drive. This ONLY happens the first start of the day, and about 3 or 4 times a month. It has been in the dealer noumerous times. The first few times I cleared it to drive it to the dealer and they "Can not duplicate, owner must leave over night." I don't want them to have it that long.

Now I have driven it in 3 times with it locked in 4th gear and they have not shut it off before testing.The S/M has now told me to drive it right in the garage to the trans man when it is locked up.

So far, in 6 trips, they have to order parts so two trips each, they have replaced: 1) Vbody Pkg, 2) Module-Powertrain Control, 3) Transduce-Pressure Sensor. The last "repair" (replace parts until you find it) was 1/18/11.

It has locked in 4th twice after yhe last repair, one on Sunday, the other going to the hospital. Going to the dealer not an option ether time,maybe next time.

Hope they fix yours faster than have mine. ( KEEP A LOG)

What was the other thread? My dealer is at a loss?

I am filling Lemon Law forms.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU FIND TIME TO DO IT OVER??
Dave