View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by budmancan View Post
Truck looks great, Just a quick question regarding the ezdown. I can remember when I was looking at new trucks playing with a tailgate on a larime and it seemed to have a damper built into the tailgate so it would not slam down. I decided on getting the sport but the tailgate slams down. Was it my imagination what I saw on the larime or was my 2008 tailgate so heavy that the new one seems so much lighter?
Does the shock get in the way of anything? can it be easy to remove?
I'm not too sure if the Laramie's have a damper or not. I've never seen a tailgate damper listed as an option for the Ram's.
The shock does not get in the way of anything. When I was doing a test fit I thought it might hit my taillight covers. But, after install the shock doesn't hit anything. The shock can be removed very easily. It just connects with ball snaps at each end.

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread