Thread: New tire pics
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: White/ Silver and White / Silver custom
Engine: 1996-1998 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 215hp 440lb/ft(manual), 180hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Rep:10
TD52 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABD26 View Post
Those are meaty! I like them. In your post, you said that a leveling kit has been ordered. Are you telling us that your truck with without a leveling kit and still fits 35"?
On my fist Dodge Diesel that came out in 89 ... I put on 36" without any rubbing at all and could go threw mud pits for racing and never had a problem with buildup of mud on my Super Swamper's .. it was only when I put on a set of 44's did I put on a 5" lift .. it fill everything .. but never rubbed and never filled with mud ... and my lift was a soft ride ... well as soft as one could get on a 1 ton single wheel ... on that year truck ... lol
on a 2 wheel drive diesel I am running 265/75/16 and do not have a problem and I think they are about 33" tall and I think I could have gone to a 285 and not have problem .. at least the tire shop said I could .. but I stayed with the 265 .. because of the 4:10 gears .. so it runs fine and does not have a problem at all with driving and shifting and mileage .. and the tires I have a Nitto's ... I like the way they handle and drive
so I would say 35's would work fine for him unless he went to hard core off road .. just getting off the road to get to the back woods and some light trail road with ruts and some mud ... he should have no problems
Only if he was to go places that was meant to be for hard core off road .. then he would need the leveling kit