Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn QC
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:92
bones06 will become famous soon enough
Default Need Advice/Help

I've had my truck in 3-4 times for squeaks and creaks while under waranty with no resolutions. They have replaced the sway bar bushings, both tie rods, and lubed other parts and it just keeps on doing it. I took it in last week because my buddy that did the Bilstein install found that the lower control arm bushing was spinning in the hole and seized to the bolt. That is the same area the noise has been coming from. The dealer said last week they took it apart and found nothing. Well I took it in again last night and told the advisor this morning that I marked the areas last week and nothing was taken apart. He tells me today that they did a visual inspection only last week, thats why the marks were in the same position. I call bullshit because they said that they had it apart last week. He tells me since its out of warranty by a month that it will be $95.00 for a tech to give estimate. I said why should I pay a fee when they have repeatedly failed to fix the same issue while it was under warranty. All he could say was he will have the service manager take the tech for a ride, then get back to me. I did tell him that if they don't resolve this I am taking it to a dedicated suspension shop, and if the issue is found I will take my service history, and the independant shops results to the local news investigators for consumer complaints. There was silence and then he said that he will talk to the manager. I know there is a number at Chrysler to call for unresolved warranty issues. Does anyone have it off hand? Sorry about the long rant but I am ready to flipping explode on them and want to do this the calm way lol!

Magnaflow SI/SO Smoked stainless tip, Anzo LED Lightbar, Spectre Profab #9932 CAI. Euro Dezigns Xenon Krypton 8500k, Stampede Pocket Style Fender Flares, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, VHT Niteshaded Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers MT/XD Spy Wheels
Sponsored links