View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 06 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:111
wedgeheaded will become famous soon enoughwedgeheaded will become famous soon enough
Default Got great MPGs on recent trip!

Monday, my son and I left Marietta, OH at 12:30 in my 06 1500 and started for Mansfield, OH to look at a Dakota he was intrested in. I had driven the truck back and forth to work fri, sat, sun on that tank besides the Mansfield trip. I gassed up leaving Mansfield and got 16.8 mpgs at the pump. I reset the computer and started home (in a blizzard) I drove 20-40 MPH in 4x4 for at least an hr. before I could get onto a 4 lane road. The 4 lane was no better. I looked at the computer read out and was showing 16.5 mpgs in 4x4. After a while I switched back to 4x2. We drove to Caldwell, OH before I got back onto clear roads. It was well after 12:00 before I got home. When I pulled onto our road, the computer read out was reading 18 mpgs. I have a phone pic of it at 17.8 I'll post sometime. I was very pleased with those results. I have been running 92 in my tank and I think I'll keep it up. Just thought I'd share and offer the suggestion that you try the higher octane gas since they put ethanol in it now. I suspect that the ethanol lowers the octane in the gas by being a low temp burner. Anyway, I now know that it's capable of decent mpgs and I'm a happy camper.
Sponsored links