Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
crownaviation is on a distinguished road

Any update on the y pipe install? I ordered a flowmaster y from airram. 2.25 in 3 out to feed the Magnaflow highflow catback. The shop I have been using (buy race gas for other stuff from him) also does alot of exhaust. He sounded like he was trying to convince me not to do it. He said they are no fun to put in... maybe I will just drop the truck off with the parts and a note!! LOL.. He also mentioned the cat has to go back in within a narrow window of the factory placement. Makes sense but he thinks the margin is like 1/4 to 1/2" of original placement. For this reason, I went ahead and orderd a Simm from Dan (the fastman) to bypass any emissions code just in case.

So, the placement and the dual in is the problem... no room to work and alot of dropping, fitting, tacking, checking before the thing can be welded. I would bet a pro would run a couple hours to get just the y done.. I am normally very sceptical of shops, but I have done business with this guy for a while and do trust his judgement.

What really sucks is if my wish comes true and they build 4.7 longtube headers, I will have to chop the 2.25 y and replace it with I assume 2.5.... WELL worth the money if I can get my hands on some!

If interested in the long tube headers, there is a list going around... GET ON IT PLEASE! http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=60468

Last edited by crownaviation; 02-27-2011 at 08:17 PM.