View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Looking
Rep:10
airborne89 is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 Ram 1500 advice before buying

I am currently looking at getting a new truck and have narrowed it down to either a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD crew cab ( not sure on model yet) or a 2011 Ford F-150 FX4 super crew with the new 5.0 engine.

My question here is... Why should I go with the Ram? I like the looks and will be test driving one tomorrow but what can the owners tell me? I've heard stuff about transmission issues, issues with the HEMI stalling and quality issues like window molding or interior plastic cracking. What is the truth about all this?

Several months ago I was looking to buy a performance car and narrowed it down to the 2011 Mustang GT and the 2010 Challenger SRT. I ended up going with the Mustang because the Challengers I looked at on the dealer lots were showing signs of cracked plastic and scratches all over the interior. I also heard about engine problems with the HEMI's then too.

Now for a truck I want to make sure I get the right one that is going to last me a very long time and get me everywhere I want to go and more importantly get me back. So educate me on the 2011 Ram 1500. I would really like to hear from guys that tested both the Ram and F-150 out and what they noticed. Thanks.
Sponsored links