Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdemon View Post
I don't think anyone is saying cops are stupid enforcing the law,and you guys being law enforcement or what have ya seem preety smug in the answers. THE fact is if he knew he was breaking the law and did it shame on jhim. But I have nor I'm sure most have even heard of this law. Just like the laws in states on cell phones, I sure as hell see cops riding and bs'n on their cells. So let's not get the hair up. If the guy didn't know the ordinance and wasn't acting likje s douche, the officer COULD have explained it and gave a warning. My .02
Like most vehicle codes, the police are exempt from them while conducting official business, which we use our cell phones most of the time. Who are you to judge and ASSume that police are BSing and not obtaining information about crime in progress that they are in response to? I use my cell phone about 2-3 hours a day for official business including talking to dispatch to keep the radio clear for priority traffic, talking to victims about their loss/injuries/suspect information, talking to my partners obtaining or giving advice about a particular call, talking to suspects and attempting to set them up or persuade them to give up, talking to my boss, etc...

And yeah, we give LOTS of warnings. Something things I won't give warnings for. Stuff like blinding me with off road lights while on the highway would be an example of that.