Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdemon View Post
Like I said if he was doing something he knew was wrong so be it. Must have hit a nerve on the phone thing though. Officers like any other official shouldn't be above the laws that they are enforcing. My oppinion and I am entitled to it. You have important business that you need to use a cell phone,pull over. Even though you are a trained official I'm sure the phone is a distraction to a p[point like any other person. NO ASSumptions were made in the observation or comment. As for being blinded by lights thats fair in saying you don't deserve the courtesy of a warning. Some legal lights are a bit too bright out of the factory when a big SUV is on the road and the person in front or coming at them is in a small or lower vehicle. We can go back and forth on this but the fact remains that cell phones should not be in play when you have walkie talkies/radios. Wich were bought and installed for "official" business. My remark wasn't intended to be pointed at you as I don't even know you. Just an observation of many an officer who ride around laughiung and smiling as the converse on the cells. And I can bet they don't love their jobs that much. But to say yeah the silly for the cop to be doing what he's paid to do,Well We get to say sarcastic things back. 'nuff said. Not looking for a pissing match either.
Naw, didn't hit a nerve, just trying educated someone clearly ignorant...of daily police operations. I guess since your logic is that since the cell phone is a distraction, we should also stop for anything that is distracting like operating the massive control panel for the lights and sirens when in pursuit of violent crimanls, operating the computer terminal when attemprting to run plates during vehicle stops, talking on the above mentioned "walkie-talkie" whatever that is (I assume you meant handheld/patrol radio). In fact, almost every part of my day is spent dividing my attention between driving and other work related operations. So maybe I should tell my boss and the citizens I am sworn to protect that according to you I can't drive anymore or respond to calls for service because I should have to obey all of the same traffic laws as everyone else. In fact, i guess I can't chase people anymore because that involves speeding, running red lights, and a variety of other traffic law violations.