View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that over the decades, I have been the recipient of many a 'friendly warning', when I damn well deserved a ticket. I have yet to receive a ticket that I didn't deserve....quite the opposite. But having said that, it's just so easy for us 'non-enforcement officers' to pick on the ones we call on the most when we are in trouble. It's really ironic isn't it. LOL

On the cell phone topic....I have owned and used a cell phone in my vehicle since 1988, when they still could used for a telephone conversation and 'texting' had yet to be thought of....let alone invented. Over the years, I have never even had a 'close call' due to the distraction of the phone....but then again, I have always been so particular about my vehicles, that I would anything to avoid injuring it, so if I notice things around me going awry, I simply dropped the phone to ensure I had both hands available to perform what ever maneuver was necessary to save my 'baby' from the grips of the body shop.

Know that we have a 'safety law' that prohibits me from holding the phone in the normal phone position, I have this new fangled truck with OEM advanced bluetooth communications (aka U-Connect). This.....I find.....very distracting! Hands free communications is not at all like -
1) Holding a phone in the normal phone position
2) Using the microphone of a 2-way radio
3) Talking to the person in the passenger seat

Rather, it feels foreign, strange, unnatural and any other synonym that means the same. IMO, the legal handsfree devices are what should be banned from use while driving......along with texting, gaming and everything else that is not a simple phone call. Just my opinion backed by 35,000 miles driven each year and not a single accident in decades. My ticket collection consists solely of 'Exceeding the speed limit', and my all time favorite 'imprudent driving'. LOL

As for our police officers; it absolutely amazes me that with all the distractions in the new police vehicles, that they are not involved in an average of 3 'at fault' accidents each week. I will admit that under the new cell phone use laws, that it does irritate me bit when I see a police officer talking on a cell phone while driving, but IMO, that officer is far less distracted by using his cell phone in the normal manner, that I am using my 'legal' handsfree device.

A special thank you to all the police officers that have over the years...and likely for the years to come ......that have offered a friendly warning in place of a ticket, AND for being there to bring peace and understanding to a situation that seamed out of control and stressful. Your No. 1 in my books......but I'll still throw the odd cheap shot, knowing full well that you understand where it comes from, and at least from me, it's true intended meaning.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI