View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

You may be right about the two dealers you're talking about because attitude reflects leadership. Most of the stuff you mentioned is common sense stuff that service people already know but don't give a damn about.

The shape the industry is in right now has led to a lot of don't-give-a-shit attitudes and from my perspective it's easy to see why. Service departments are being forced into doing more with less and many of us haven't seen pay raises in a very long time.

None of this excuses poor service but I do understand why it's becoming commonplace. And it's not just in our line of work but in customer service jobs everywhere. Example - I took a friend to buy a new TV last night and we went to one of the two Walmarts here in town. The guy in the electronics department had zero knowledge of the TV's they had (except to say "that's a good one". No shit, for $1788, it better be). He was also lazy, inept, misinformed and unwilling to try to help so we left the store empty handed. Fast forward to the other Walmart across town. What a difference! The guy here was knowledgable, helpful and went the extra mile to help my friend find exactly what she wanted in the price range she needed. He spent at least 30 minutes explaining the various features, pluses and minuses of each model she was considering and the extended warranty options. Needless to say we left with a shiny new TV that fit her budget.