Color: Cool Vanilla
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:37
inkdemon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to inkdemon Send a message via Yahoo to inkdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyNelson View Post
Just my .02 cents here real quick.

Yes, there are some law enforcement officers out there that feel they are above the law. That's not the way majority of officers feel, it's a select few. Why is it when there is an officer out there that does something wrong people think that's the way all officers are. Certain teachers have sex with their students...that doesn't mean all teachers do that. Certain Priest molest children, but that doesn't mean all priests do that.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or an argument, but just because you got a ticket, doesn't make all officers *******s. Just because you don't like the way some officers operate, doesn't mean all officers operate that way.
I understand that and thats all good. I never said he should get a warning. Warnings are always nice.And again goes by circumstance. And show that cops are people. Especially if he/she pulls you over when you are not causing a problem and lets you know there's something wrong. Your points are correct and stated as a general statement. THe other remarks were more chastising and quite smug. Especially the "clearly ignorant" remark. Again we are all just people,and yes there are bad apples in all fields. And to admit to such is just showing you as an officer are aware and know it goes on. Even rarely but it does get abused. Not just spouting a bunch of text book answers on why there should be no questioning of what a police officer can and does do. Just accept it. Sorry that becomes a bitter pill to swallow. Stay safe out there,and thanks for doing what you do to help make it a safer world.