Thread: Volant Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice
Default Volant Upgrade

Took a drive to the border yesterday to pick up a couple of packages, this was in one of them. I have to say that although it looks and sounds very nice, for the price I did expect a little better quality as far as fitment. The pins that the air box sit on the fender are very highly stressed to get them both on and when attached to both pins the air tube does not line up with the throttle body. You need to pull the air tube partially out of the air box to make it line up with the throttle doby then tighten the hose clamps (over 2" behind). And lastly the box does not mate with the fender at the bottom leaving a large gap there to suck warm air from under the hood. It just seems to me when you pay that much for a product supposedly designed for your truck it should fit A LOT BETTER. That said I will fool with it and make something to seal it up to the fender better. I just hope it performs better than it fits. As it is I would not recomend this product to a friend as it is. jmho

Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Sponsored links